Thursday, July 31, 2008

More Goodbyes

Honduras. Day 64.

Today I rode into town with Marc and had him drop me off at the apartments so that I could work out the horrendous laundry bill problem with the manager so that the interns don't owe nearly $1000 in laundry (it's a long, stupid story). We worked through it and got the bill cut lower. Afterwards, I had a few hours to kill before I could meet up with a TORCH bus and get back with the group, so I walked down the street and got one last panes (an amazing Honduran breakfast sub) from my favorite street vendor. Then I walked to Little Caesar's to eat it, and then to Cafemania (again, one last time) for a mocachino. Then I walked to the McDonald's across the street from Campero's (where I figured the bus would go) and sat on the bench outside with Ronald McDonald and waved to people (yes, I'm weird). An hour later, I lucked out and a TORCH bus rode by and I jumped on.

We went to the school for the blind next. I have gotten tired of visiting so many places this summer, but I have never gotten tired of the school for the blind. And as I played with all of my little friends, and held hands with my "girlfriend" Maria, and listened to the kids (the angels) sing... It all set in that it was really ending, and that I was walking out of the gate to the blind school for the last time.

God really has blessed me with quite an experience that I'll never forget...

Tonight, me, Wesley, Daniel Russell, Tracy and Eli went to La Cumbre for dinner (a BEAUTIFUL restaurant, ritzier and nicer than any I've ever been to in the States). It was a wonderful and peaceful evening, with some of the best food I've ever had. Ever. A great way to conclude the trip.

I had to say, "Goodbye" to many things today. And yet, I know, that saying, "Goodbye" to Sector Ocho tomorrow will be the toughest of all.

God bless them all.

No comments: