Monday, July 28, 2008

Relaxed

Honduras. Day 60.

Today we all went to church in Los Pinos. Wesley and Cisco preached, and by the end of the sermon there were three new sisters and one new brother in Christ, totaling (I believe) 27 baptisms so far this trip. It was a great time to clap and smile and hug and rejoice in the birth of new Christians, and imagine the even greater rejoicing going on at the party in Heaven.

After church, we all went to Cascadas Mall for lunch. Most everyone from the Starkville group went to get some T.G.I. Friday's (ohhhh, so good). Then we got back on the buses and went out to Valle de Angeles. I went in one store to get a couple more souvenirs for the family, and then I was done (I've been to Valley of Angels ENOUGH this year), so I just went to a coffee shop to sit and work on my devo for the evening. We loaded the buses at about 5:00, went back to Villa Gracia, and enjoyed a TON of Church's chicken. After that, I did the devo on realizing that it's not about us (how big or great we think we are, so focused on ourselves), but that it's all about realizing the big picture and the greatness of our God. Afterwards, I had someone in the trip pull me aside about wanting to change their life.

Maybe God did have a purpose for me after all.

Later that night, all the guys sat around in the Starkville guys' dorm and played Mafia until midnight. It was just an all-around good, relaxing Sunday.

1 comment:

MissV said...

You sound refreshed! God is good all the time . . .
Love ya